Menu
Home Page

Welcome

History of Salford Priors C of E Primary School

 

Salford Priors School Church of England Primary School, was founded in 1656 by William Perkins, a visionary local benefactor who wanted to provide the best possible education for all the children of the village of Salford Priors. 

The original school building of two classrooms and living accommodation for the schools Head and family, dates back to 1860.  In the 1960’s two classrooms and a large hall were added to the original building. Since 2000 two more spacious classrooms, a number of small learning areas along with a new school office and Headteachers room have been built. In September 2015 funding from Warwickshire County Council and the Parish Council enabled us to refurbishment and restock our library. Salford Priors also has an on-site Forest School a playground and  large playing field providing plenty of space for playtimes and outdoor activities.

The school has a valuable partnership and a close working relationship with Salford Priors Kindergarten, a private nursery based in the school building and sited  next to our Reception Class. This helps the children who join us from the Kindergarten to have a smooth and  seamless transition from nursery to school.

Today, Salford Priors Voluntary Controlled C of E Primary School forms an important part of Salford Priors village community. We are very proud of our close links with St Matthew’s Church, the Parochial Church Council and the Parish Council.  Christian values are at the heart of our school ethos and we meet for daily acts of worship. These provide opportunities for reflection and exploration of belief, drawing on the whole of the curriculum and celebrating all aspects of life in school.

 

Top